Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Beautiful things





I woke up this morning with this song in my head.  The beauty of God's plan amazes me.  It amazes me how He can transform the aches and pains of our life into beauty.  The creativity of His plan is incredible.

Take this for example: two summers ago, I went into the dentist to get a cavity filled; not a fun process, but a necessary one.  In the process, I ended up speaking with a woman who, come May, I get to call my mother-in-law.  Through the irritation of a damaged tooth, I met a man who has become the love of my life, who seemed impossible, who loves God, people, and Africa, who cares for me and draws me closer to the LORD daily.  Beautiful things out of dust.

As I reflect on the past year, I'm amazed by how much God has grown me.  And growth comes through growing pains: facing lies in my life, conflicts with loved ones, loose in the pruning process, awareness of my own sinfulness.  Yet through it all, God has transformed my heart, transformed my life.  He's molded me into who He as created me to be.  And I praise Him!  I thank Him for His patience and grace.  I thank Him for seeing beauty in this speak of dust.

No comments: