Wednesday, August 19, 2015

For the Long Haul

It appears that my blog has become evidence of my training schedule, or at least how God likes to speak to me through one of my favorite ventures.  Regardless, here's my latest running lesson.

Recently, I had a bit of a health scare.  Awaiting my results and pondering different possibilities, I began to pray.  I prayed for peace and focus, for wisdom and hope.  And as I prayed, I was reminded of who my God is.

My God is the God who turns the impossible into the incredible.  He is my Healer and Sustainer.  As I listened, I was reminded that God isn't bound by our choices or science or the medical community; He can and does bring miraculous healing.  I could be sick at that very moment, yet my God is big enough to heal me.

And even if He did not.  Even if He did not, I would still trust Him.  He's already gotten me through so much in my young life; why would I doubt that He could get me through this too?  He's greater!  Still uncertain of what my test results would say, I found perfect rest in Him. Trudging through 16 miles, I was reminded of my God's faithfulness, both in my personal life and throughout history.  He will not fail. His plan is perfect.

PS I got my results back today.  Everything is healthy.  Praise God!

No comments: