Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Work misfits

I've been working in the communications department of my church for about a month now.  Part of my role there has been updating staff bios for our website.  As I sit with coworkers and hear their stories, I'm amazed by the theme that appears: for so many of them, this is not the path that they envisioned.  They pursued other educational focuses, or feel unqualified for the position they've been entrusted with, and yet here they are.  Here they stand, trusting God to be the strength in their weakness, to do what they can't.  Here they stand, obediently saying yes to God when it means saying no to their own plans.  Here we stand, united by Christ alone.  As one who also feels like a misfit trusting God's leading, it's nice to know I'm in good company.

No comments: