Friday, September 18, 2015

Light

Image result for pre dawn cityscapeAs the days grow shorter, it feels like it takes longer and longer for the light of dawn to come. The other day, I was in denial of this fact as I kept reassuring myself that if I waited just a few more minutes, daylight would come. Morning eluded me, so eventually I decided to run in the dark. Except it didn't seem to stay dark long. Away from the bright lamps of my house, the dim beams of dawn appeared brighter. Basic optics, I guess, but it's message was stronger.

As I speak to several of my friends as to why they don't believe in God, many of them tell me they simply don't need Him; they're doing just fine without Him. Sure, life has it's hiccups and misfortunes, but overall they're doing just fine. Maybe. Or maybe their lives are like the light. In the dim dawn, one can see well enough, but once introduced to the brightness of true light, oh baby! The world suddenly becomes that which we could never see before.  And what once appeared as light is only darkness now.

No comments: