Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Idealistic

I'll admit it: I'm idealistic.  I'm a dreamer.  I tend to see the potential in people in situations, tend to hope for more.

Today, I had a conversation with my pastor about my hopes and dreams for our church and for the Church. Apparently I kept referring to myself as idealistic, kept qualifying my ideas as quixotic to shield myself from the reality check that he was going to give me.  Except the reality check didn't come.  Instead, he pointed out that people must tell me that I'm idealistic a lot since I kept labeling myself as such.

As our conversation continued, I realized something.  Sure, others may view me as idealistic, but you know what?  I serve a God for whom nothing is impossible (Luke 1:37).  Because I worship a God who is able to do immeasurably more than all that I could ever ask or imagine (Ephesians 3:20-21), I'm going to keep my visionary spirit; I'm going to keep pursuing the direction that God leads me; I'm going to keep following Him into the impossible for the glory of my God.

No comments: