Saturday, March 28, 2009

The Cynergy side of life

This week has been hectic on the Cynergy side of life. I can't go into a ton of detail, but I'll give you an overview of what's going down.
So that fundraiser that I mentioned in the last post? DISASTER! Not only did Cynergy not get any support, but they weren't even allowed to speak! Five minutes before they were going to do their presentation, they were told that there was no longer time for their presentation because the meeting had started over an hour late. Frustration puts it lightly.

Due to misunderstanding and cultural differences, Vox and Cynergy have been experiencing conflict this past week. This has been stressful for me as I feel trapped in the middle. Thankfully, there have been negotiations throughout the week that have lead to better understanding of one another. Please pray for resolve. Pray that God's will is done, not the agenda of an organization. Pray that I am able to serve my kids in all of the schools. Pray for understanding and better communication. Pray for team unity. Pray for guidance and wisdom. Pray for peace and encouragement. Pray that my kids are safe during the Confederation Cup and the World Cup next year. Pray that God provides for all of Cynergy's resources tenfold. Pray that God raises up workers for the harvest. Pray for revolution in South Africa. Pray for guidance in my future. Pray that God makes His will for my life evident. Pray for healing.

Please also pray for Lakeside Primary. In this school, 110 of the 146 grade fours that we work with are failing English. Because of this, they are being viewed as incompete and needing to be sent to special schools. Special schools are designed for kids with severe mental disabilities, not for learners who can't read because they haven't been taught properly. Pray that God shows us how to best help these kids. Pray that we can convince their parents, principle, and educators that their children are not hopeless; they simply need more help. Pray for breakthrough in the lives of these kids. Pray that they continue to gain confidence and knowlege. Pray that they learn to believe in themselves completely. Pray that they are kept safe from harm of any kind.

Praise the Lord!:
-For answered pray
-For the opportunity to serve.
-For all of my kids
-For giving me family here
-For Nikki and Reagan and their incredible selflessness, for the way that they put my needs before their own and for their williness to invest in me
-For health and safety
-For cultural experiences
-For growth
-For forgiveness
-For love
-For taking care of me
-For a full fridge and a warm bed
-For amazing friends in the States who support me fully and pray for me constantly.
-For the opportunity to make an impact
-For the progress that my kids are making
-For the confidence that my kids are gaining

No comments: