Monday, August 10, 2009

Cynergize your School Supplies!


The King will reply "Whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me."
Matthew 25:40

Hello friends!

While I was in South Africa, I noticed a huge need for school supplies. At one of the schools that I worked in, two 4th grade girls came up to me bawling and fighting over a blue pen. Whoever returned to class without a blue pen would be whooped.
The girls absolutely broke my heart! Imagine the difference that something as small as a blue pen could make!

In May, I am returning to South Africa with a team of students from my university. My goal is to bring 600 lbs of school supplies with the team to give to Cynergy.

While you're out and about shopping for school supplies, please remember these precious little ones who don't have such luxury. While school supplies are cheap (I've found stuff for less than 20 cents), please buy a little extra to help my kiddos in South Africa. This tools will not only help them improve there school work but also reassure them that there are people across the world who love them enough to help them in this way. Contact me to pick up the school supplies that you've collected.

The following school supplies are needed:
~Pencils
~Blue or Black pens
~Scissors
~Glue
~Rulers
~Erasers

If you'd be willing to help out, please let me know by leaving a comment on my blog or emailing me (sharon_e_stevens@cornerstone.edu).

Thanks so much!

No comments: