Tuesday, September 29, 2009

SUCCESS!

A Taste of Africa was most definitely a success! Tehe.

Thanks to a group of incredible friends who helped me cook, the night included pap and chakalaka, curry and roti, melktert, roobios, and milo.

The night also included me sharing about how I got interested in Africa, my trip there senior year, how I ended up back there, and a tad about my time there.

About 30 people showed up, which was sweet! I had about 10 people sign up indicating that they were interested in the trip, and a few others who said they were interested but couldn't make it to the event.

After my little speel, a couple who were both born in Africa can up to me and were incredibly encouraging. They thanking me for spreading awareness and for following God's call to go. Wow! It was the exact encouragement that I needed to hear.

God is good. All the time. :)

No comments: