Monday, December 28, 2009

Wisdom

This is something that I'm lacking at the moment, and would greatly appreciate prayers for.

My summer (which is a bit strange to think about at the snow flies outside my window) is completely up in the air. All that plans that I had failed/are no longer. I'm trying to trust God, asking Him to lead and guide me for His name sake as to what to do with my summer. I know I've got some time, but at the same time I feel a sense of urgency as I feel like I need to make commitments soon. Here are a few of the options that I'm pondering:

Chip, a faculty member at CU, has graciously offered to let me join the Zambia team that he's leading. This would be at the end of June.

Rob, a family friend, and his family are currently working in orphanages in Zambia. He has offered to let me join them for a while this summer to get a taste of what working in an orphanage would be like.

I'd like to be able to help out at my camp again this summer. It'd only be a week of my summer (some time in July, I think). I really enjoyed running Odyssey and games and the CITs last summer.

I'm considering returning to South Africa. I miss my family and kiddos over there like no one's business! Nikki and Reagan have told me that I am welcome anytime, and I know that they can always use more help.

I think it may be wise to do something psych related to get a better feel for the field here (though I may or may not end up here long term).

Also throwing around the possibility of working at another camp, perhaps one focused on kids with special needs.

I'm also considering the reality that I have bills that need to be payed, and though I'd love to return to Africa or camp or volunteer somewhere this summer, I want to be responsible as well.

Please pray for wisdom. Pray that God shows me His will, that I pursue what He wants rather than what I want. Pray that He shows me His will not only for this summer, but also for today, for right now, for my life.

May God bless you!

3 comments:

Caley said...

I will most definitely be praying for you like crazy! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you!

kd said...

you're in my prayers

Laura said...

Always thinking and praying for you <3