Tuesday, March 8, 2011

God is good. :-)

Sometimes I forget this.  I'm guilty of getting so caught up with the little details of life that I forget about God's goodness and greatness.  I become overwhlemed with daily stressors because I forget to rest in God's character.  Tonight, God reminded me of His power, love, and faithfulness through the testamony of a 7 month old.



Remember this precious one? Sweet baby Genesis that I met and had the opportunity to love on while in Zambia this past summer.  We got her when she was 4 days old after being born premature and have hardly eaten for the first few days of her life.  We fought to get her to drink one ounce of milk the day that we got her.  And through the grace of God, she survived through the week.









Well, my friends, look to the right of this picture and let me introduce you to sweet Genesis now (now being a few months ago).  Look at how big she's gotten!  She's HUGE!  Praise God that He's not only big enough to make this child survive but to have her THRIVE.  Praise God for the life of this little one!  And praise God for the reminder of His great love and great power!


LORD, forgive me for worrying.  Forgive me for freaking out.  Forgive me for getting so wrapped up in my own agenda that I forget about what really matters.  LORD, we praise You for the life of sweet Genesis.  Continue to pour Your life into this little one.  Draw her close to You.  Papa, continue to remind me of Your greatness and goodness.  You are God of all; nothing compares with You.  You are greater still.  Nothing is too big for You.  Your mercies are new every morning.  Great is Your faithfulness!  Your plan is greater than mine; You hold my life gentlely in Your hands.  Help me remember these truths, LORD.  Amen.


Friends, I leave you with a good reminder from Jon Foreman (apparently I'm on a YouTube kick lately.  :-)).


No comments: