Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Why should I worry? Why do I freak out?




I know that I've posted this song before, probably several times before, but it's lyrics continue to speak truth.  Lately, one line in particular has stood out to me:

"So why should I worry?  Why do I freak out?"

Why do it?  I'm amazed by my faithlessness at times, amazed by how small my faith is.  I found myself trapped by worry, worrying about how I'm going to fulfill the desires and opportunities that God's placed on my heart.  Namely, for the past few weeks I've been worrying about how I'm going to start school in the fall without a job.  When I received a part time job, I worried that it wasn't going to be enough.  When I received another job, I worried that now it would be too much.  Eish.  Why do I worry?  Why do I freak out?  GOD KNOWS WHAT I NEED.  HE KNOWS WHAT I NEED.

Truth.  God knows what I need.  He's laid these desires on my heart and provided me with the opportunity to continue my schooling.  He is the Great Provider.  He will not fail me.  He will never leave or forsake me.  God knows what I need.  And He wants to provide me with these good gifts (Matthew 7:11).

LORD, forgive me for worrying.  Forgive me for my doubts.  Forgive me for not trusting you.  Great is Your faithfulness!  You never fail.  You will sustain me.  You are the Great Provider.  LORD, thank You for providing me with the opportunities to learn, to work, and to serve.  You are God alone.  You are my only hope.  Even when I am faithless, You remain faithful, for You cannot disown Yourself.  I will trust in You.  Where you lead, LORD.  Where You lead.

Here is a trustworthy saying:
   If we died with him,
   we will also live with him;
 if we endure,
   we will also reign with him.
If we disown him,
   he will also disown us;
 if we are faithless,
   he remains faithful,
   for he cannot disown himself.
2 Timothy 11-13

No comments: