Sunday, June 28, 2009

Don't Say Goodbye

I HATE GOODBYES!

This week has been rough. Sadly, I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to my Goedehoop kiddos on Tuesday cause Nik thought it would be easier on me not to see them. We we supposed to have private sessions Tuesday afternoon, but we rocked up late to the first session and my kids had already left, which was a huge bummer. We did have the second session. Nikki and Reagan were at a meeting, so I ran private sessions with the help of Zunaid, Elano, and Lykita. It was hetic! Because Zunaid, Elano, and Lykita hadn't been fully trained on this book, they took the class the Nikki usually taught because the class was just writting an assistment. In the meantime, I taught Reagan's, Elano's, and my classes. It was quite the feat as each class was in a different place in the book.

Wednesday I broke down. After three days of basically doing nothing Cynergy related, I broke down. After Nikki and Laura returned from a meeting, I pulled Laura outside to try to tell her how frustrated I was because I felt like I was being isolated from the program. Shortly after, Nikki walked outside and asked if everything was ok. I told her that I didn't want to leave and broke down. When I first got here, I never would have imagined that I would become this attached. And now I am left with the task of a few thousand goodbyes. I hate goodbyes! Shame man. Nikki is so sweet! After comforting me and calming me down, she went inside and prepared a feast. Meanwhile, I learned a bit of cricket playing with Dillion, Jerome, Zunaid, Jachin, Elano, Lykita, and Joanne. I'm grateful for the opportunity just to hang out with them. When we came inside, Nikki surprised me with the farewell dinner that she had prepared and reminded me that no matter where I was, I was always a part of her family. Shame man!

Thursday was great. When my mom was here in March, Nikki and Reagan took us to the China Mart (basically a ton of shops owned by Chinese people that sell products at stock price). Every since, my mom has been asking me to get some stuff for her from there. So Thursday Reagan, Nikki, and I spent the day at the China Mart. Though not terribly impressed with the merchandise, I was glad that I had a chance to get stuff for my mom. Moreso, I was grateful to spend quality time with Nikki and Reagan. It's funny how nearly anything that I do with them is enjoyable solely because I'm with them. :-)

Friday morning we had a workshop for the Reigerpark and East Rand Legends. The workshop included a speech on what it means to be a Legend by Nikki (a lot of Legends have been slacking lately), an "I Choose" session with Laura (HIV info), and a hip-hop session. It was really fun. After the workshop, Mr. Fisch, the principal of Reigerpark, presented me with a framed certificate of thanks for helping in his school. Then Nikki also thanked me and presented me with a journal in which each legend had written me a note. It was the perfect gift! Afterward, Nikki surprised me once again with a party at her house with all of the Legends.

Saturday was crazy early as we had to drive to Edenpark for a workshop with our Legends there. Afterward, we spent the day at Nikki and Reagan's, where we got to meet Beauty, Bianca's older sister. She's a sweetie! I spent most of the day playing with the kiddos. After the other kids went inside, I played catch with Bianca. She loved it! She was constantly laughing and mumbling to herself. Too cute! For dinner, I got to experience Chicken Lickin, which actually wasn't that bad. Tehe.

Praise the LORD!:
~For health and safety
~For the incredible relationships that He's given me here, for my family here and for my kiddos
~For hope
~For love
~For favor and grace
~For heat
~For opportunity
~For using me to do His work
~For wisdom
~For His Word
~For strength
~For mercy

Please pray:
~For strength to say goodbye. It's been so hard! And I still have my hardest goodbyes, the Klaasen family and Laura, to go. Pray that we're able to still stay in touch with one another. Pray for peace. Pray that I keep an attitude of thanksgiving, thanking God for the incredible people that He's put in my life rather than focing on having to leave them.
~For God's protection and provision over my family and kiddos here. Pray that He blesses everything that they touch. Pray that He overwhelms them with His love and peace. Pray that He gives them rest.
~For wisdom and guidance as I transition to life stateside. Pray that I don't get comfortable.
~For safety as I travel. Pray that I make all of my connections and that the flight is smooth and easy.
~For my mom's health. She has larengitious.

No comments: