Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Faith like a child

Luke 18:17

I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it."

This semester I've had an incredible opportunity to teach Sunday school to a sweet group of three year olds. It's been quite the adventure! Constantly I'm amazed by the amount of energy that they have, the crazy adventures that they come up with, and the uniqueness of each little personality.

However, the thing that amazes me the most is their faith. Never have I had one of them ask me to prove the Bible to them. Never have they asked for evidence to know for certain that nothing is impossible with God or that God loves everyone, including them. They simply believe. They trust me and trust the God that I and their parents teach them about. They simply believe.

How I envy their simple faith, how I long for the time that I shared it. And oh how I'm challenged by it! How often to I question the goodness of God or His plan for my life? How often do I fret about the little details of life, forgetting that the God of the universe is holding everything together and works for my good? How often do I forget the vastness of God and the smallness of myself?

My kiddos have challenged me in ways greater then they'll ever stand. I'm striving to have faith like a child, striving to simply believe, resting in the assurance of my God.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sharon- I'm with you...teaching kids can be such an amazing experience! Hey, I recently started a new blog. If you're interested, shoot me an email (laspinall@gmail.com) and I'll send you an invite. Hope you're doing well!