Tuesday, April 20, 2010

My Friends May You Grow In Grace

Every Sunday night, my school ends evensong with a benediction, asking God to grow our community in grace and in the knowledge of of LORD and Savior that we may glorify Him.

After coming back from South Africa, I got crazy excited when we first sung this song (my TFers can attest to this), even giggling with joy and anticipation.

Over the months that I've been stateside, this glee continues. How privileged am I live in a community surrounded by fellow believers who encourage and challenge me? How privileged am I to be able to take the hand of my friend and lift it up to God? How privileged am I to be able to encourage and challenge them? How privileged am I to be able to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our LORD and savior surrounded a body of people doing the same? How privileged am I to be able to glorify my God?

My friends may you grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our LORD and savior.
My friends may you grow in grace, and in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
To God be the glory now and forever! Now and forever amen


To God be the glory, now and forever! Now and forever amen

1 comment:

Elizabeth Kool said...

That is a great picture! and we are very blessed to have you around too : )