Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Love like the ocean

One of my fears in coming here was that I would fall in love with the children and then have to leave them. I've fallen hard, my friends. I have the previllage of playing with angels. They've stolen my heart. No price is high enough to see their precious smiles or to hear their beautiful laughs. These are truly God's blessings to the world.

While trying to find ways to make these little ones laugh and smile (lots of tickles and funny faces), I started singing to them. As my mind searched for songs, I remembered the one that talks about having peace like a river, joy like a fountain, and love like the ocean. In this, God calmed my fear. Yes, I'm loving these little ones recklessly, but God has given me love like an ocean. He continues to fill up my love tank for these sweet kiddos. And though my heart will break when the day to say goodbye comes, God's love will fill this hole as well.

Last night, one of these preious little ones, Kelly, passed away. I didn't know this little angel, but it brought me to the reality that I may not only be far from my babies, but may loss them entirely on this earth. Most that have stolen my heart are HIV positive. The haven that they're staying in was built as a hospice, but thanks to medical treatment the children are living! Praise the LORD! Still, knowing that their lives are fragile only makes me love them more intensely. I trust that God has incredible plans for these little ones, plans greater than I could ever imagaine. And though I love love them with an ocean of love, my love is but a drop compared to God's love for them. Our God is love.

No comments: