Monday, July 5, 2010

Zambia Lessons


I hope to write a more detailed post about Zambia once my jet leg has passed. In the meantime, here are a few Zambia lessons from the past month.


-My God is bigger
-I'm independent (and proud) to a fault
-I need to own up to my mistakes
-It's ok to make mistakes
-I still have a lot of healing to do from South Africa
-I need to trust my instincts more
-Too often I let fear hold me back
-God hasn't given me a spirit of fear or timidity, but of power, love, and self-control
-I don't like being spoken for
-I don't speak up for myself enough
-I can be quite ambivalent
-I need to speak the truth in love. Always
-G0d has a sense of humor
-I'm extremely comfortable with South Africans. Maybe more so than with Americans
--Trying to take a pill while drinking from a drinking fountain is a bad idea
God loves these kids more than I do, more than I could even imagine
--Taking time for myself is good and needed
-It's good to take time to learn
-God's plan is best. Always
-My value is found in Whose I am, not in what I do
-Teaching toddlers that pinching noses creates a "beep! beep!" sound may result in nose bleeds. Several of them.
-God holds these precious little ones in His hands
-God will protect me. Always
-I don't like olives
-God is greater than any obstacle that I'll ever face
-Take risks
-LOVE RECKLESSLY
-I'm a blessing not a burden
-I'm making a difference
-Love is powerful
-I'm not about the short term
-Inch wide and a mile deep
-God is more than able
-It's important to speak truth to kids at every age
-Little things make big differences
-I like routine
-Trust God. Always.
-Bush roads are better than roller coasters
-God will never leave or forsake these little ones
-Greasy foods and I don't get along
-Vegetarian lasagna is still one of my favorites
-God is gracious and patient
-I'm too concerned with what others think of me
-We serve an incredible Creator
-The easy way is rarely the best way
-Doodling relaxes me
-Bartering can be fun

Yeah, I'd say I've learned a thing or two in the last month. :-)

No comments: