Tuesday, November 30, 2010

LORD have mercy, Christ have mercy

Lately, God's been revealing my depravity and sinfulness.  By society's standards, I'm a pretty good kid; I don't engage in illegal activities, I'm not violent, pretty much I'm a stick to the rules kind of girl. Often when I go to pray, I've struggled to think of many things that I need to confess.  Over the last few weeks, God's been changing my heart and opening my eyes to just how sinful I truly am.  On top of pride (which is crazy evident by my prayer), God's showing me struggles with anger, bitterness, self-centeredness, deception, and a whole slew of other things.  I don't share this because of some need to confess my faults but because I want to confess God's grace.  As I discover more and more the depth of my depravity, I see more and more the depth of God's mercy and grace.  I learn the depth of His love for me, that as ugly and broken and messed up I am, His love remains.  And I'm learning that I am powerless to address my sinfulness without His grace and without Him empowering me to overcome my sin nature.  We live in a messed up world, my friends, but my God is bigger.

LORD, have mercy; Christ Jesus, have mercy; LORD, have mercy on me, a sinner.

No comments: