Monday, May 23, 2011

A Stitch in Time

With graduation a few weeks ago, I've been hoping to take sometime to sit back and reflect on this past year and on the past four years that have made up my college experience.  I've quickly realized, however, that life doesn't always slow down just because classes have ended and I've walked across that stage: the past few weeks seem to have rushed by as life events of loved ones swarm me.  The excitement of new life through weddings and babies and new jobs, the sobering reality of life of deaths and funerals and hardships.  It's a crazy thing, this thing we call life.  And through all the running over the past few weeks, God continues to challenge me with this: how am I using my time to bring glory to Him?  In every moment that I have, every breath that I take, how am I glorifying my Creator and Savior?  How can I minister in the jobs that I apply for, even those that are not specifically ministry-oriented?  How can I shine God's love, truth, and justice through interactions with friends, family, and bypassers?  How can I maintain an eternal mindset that my mind does not become distracted with frivolous details?  How can I soak in this moment in a way that will honor my Father?

Where You lead me, LORD, in the big and small, in my life, I give you my all.  I will follow You.

No comments: