Monday, August 5, 2013

GOAL!

 Anyone who knows me knows how driven I am.  If I create a goal, I'm going to strive for it with all of my being.  And while this has it's benefits, lately I've noticed that often I become so swept up in the destination that I miss the journey.  Worse, I become so consumed with my own plans that I miss what God has for me.  Whether it be a bike ride, a long run, finishing school, getting married, or serving in Africa, I simply want to be there, to be done with it already, to move onto the next think.  And in doing so, I miss the beauty that God's given me in today.  I miss what He has for me.  I miss opportunities to be salt and light for Him.

So I've done a dangerous thing: I've prayed that God would give me patience.  I've prayed that He would derail my plans that His will may be done.  I've prayed that He would empower me to surrender all to Him, to trust Him fully.  And while complete surrender is terrifying, giving it all to Christ is also the safest place to be, for our God does what He says He will do; our God is faithful.  True are His promises.  So LORD, I surrender all to You.  May Your will be done.  Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done.

No comments: