Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Snapshots:home life

I'm quickly realizing how vague I've been in regard to my time in Zambia. In the following series of posts, I hope to change that. Here's a glimpse of life at home. During the majority of my stay in Zambia, I was graced by the hospitality of the Murphy family. These precious little encouraged me daily. Each morning after my meeting with Rob and Gretchen, I was greeted by "good mornings" by these cuties. After a long day at the Haven, I'd return to giggles and grins, and usually some goofiness. No matter how tired I was, I always found energy to read a book with Shimirah or to play the "horsey game" with Isaiah and Katriya. Of course, there were always tickles for Christianna and Acacia as well. Gotta love these little ones. :-)

And I so appreciate their parents, Rob and Christa. I don't know two harder working people. They were gracious enough to open their home to me and did all that they could to make my time in Zambia smooth and comfortable. I'm grateful for their flexibility and encouragement.

Last but not least, "Auntie" Gretchen was my roommate for the month. She became my go-to person and appreciated companion during much of the time. She's commited to staying in Zambia for the next year.

The Murphy family is commited to staying in Zambia for the three years. For more information about them and their ministry, check out http://africaschild.info/blog/ Please pray for them as they continue to serve in Zambia.

Other common faces in Kalomo were those of the DeYoung family. Peter and Megan are in the process of two little precious little ones for Zambia, and are spending the summer in Zambia to fulfill the fostering period required (well, Megan's staying at least; Peter's stateside working and will return in August) with their three girls, Amy, Sophie, and Abby. Please pray for them throughout the adoption process. Pray especially for Megan as she handles the stresses of living in a far land while going through the ups and downs of adoption and taking care of her girls. That's a lot on her plate!

While in Zambia, I had the privilege of celebrating Isaiah's birthday. Christa did an incredible job put together a car party for him completely with games, balloons, and several impressive looking cakes. Here's a few snapshots from the big day.


Playing red light green light











Isaiah getting some tips from his dad in the car racing game











The kids each got their own cake to decorate.

No comments: