Friday, December 10, 2010

Growth


Fake Hot Chocolate Spilled 12 oz Cup Faux FOOD PHOTO PROP SBLast night I had a warm (quite literally) reminder of how much God has grown me over the past few years.

Last night was our dorm's (and our brother dorm's) Christmas party.  In preparation for it, me and a fellow RA picked up food from food services and carted it down to our dorms.  In the process of transporting the hot cocoa, I managed to lose control of the cart, sending it toppling over and causing a nice sized puddle of steaming liquid. 
So how does massive amounts of spilled cocoa equate growth?  If this had happened my freshman year, I would have felt aweful about it; the incident probably would have even brought me to tears.  Last night I couldn't help but laugh at myself.  Granted, I felt bad that food services had to stick around an extra hour to replace our party drinks, but I wasn't shamed by my mistake.  It's cool to see how God has grown me from someone who found her worth by being (or at least trying to be) perfect in her works to a women who is secure in her value in Christ alone.  My confidence is found in knowning that nothing that I do, great or small, good or bad, could ever change how my God perceives me, how my God loves me.  What more could I want?



A few of my favorite pics from last night's Grinchmas, just for kicks.  :-)

1 comment:

Caley said...

NICE HAIR! Haha and you're right, Sharon, don't cry over spilled cocoa :) I'm glad you're learning and growing. Life is so much better when you don't have to be perfect!