Monday, December 6, 2010

A rolling thought

Over the past month or so, I've been reading through Kings and Chronicles.  Often in this books, there will be a chapter or two describing a particular king's rule.  Within these chapters contain one of two phrases: either, "he did evil in the eyes of the LORD" or "he did right in the eyes of the LORD".  Sometimes this is one of the only things mentioned of the king: whether he did evil or right in the eyes of the LORD.

As I ponder these verses, I can't help but wonder what would be written behind my name.  What influences are leading me?  Are they causing me to do right in the eyes of the LORD?  Or evil?  What about the little decisions of every day life, the "little things that don't really matter"?  In view of these things alone, am I doing right in the eyes of the LORD?

Just a thought rolling through my brain lately.  :-)

No comments: