Sunday, July 17, 2011

Kiddos

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5

This summer I've joked about how my life has suddenly become children (then again, it's always had a good helping of kiddos in it =)).  As I went on my day off from nannying to volunteer at camp with preschoolers to leave camp in the early morning to work at church with other preschoolers, I've realized just how true that statement is.  Yup, God's definitely given me a soft spot for kids.  And here's one more reason that I love them.

This morning at church I shared with my class the story of Gideon's army (you know, the one where God limits Gideon's army to 300 men to prove that it's because of God and not men that they won the battle, that they did the seemingly impossible).  With each lesson, we have a verse and saying that we try to ingrain in the kids' heads before the hours through.  After going through both quite a few times, we sat down for snack.  Between bits, I asked the kids individually, "Aidan, can we trust God?"
"Yes!"
"Why can we trust God?"
"Because God does what He says!"

Their enthusiasm brought tears to my eyes as they proclaimed such a simple yet profound truth.  Why can we trust God?  Because He does what He says.  We trust God because He is faithful, because He fulfills His promises.  Such a simple truth, yet in our adult thinking we make it so complicated.  We allow life experience, "logic", and hurt to mull our childlike faith.  We forget that we can trust God simply because God does what He says.

No comments: