Saturday, April 7, 2012

Faith pt. 1



I've seen dreams that move the mountains
Hope that doesn't ever end
Even when the sky is falling
I've seen miracles just happen
Silent prayers get answered
Broken hearts become brand new
That's what faith can do






Faith has definitely been a theme in my life lately (more on that later), thus, I thought it only appropriate to post a song that's chorus so perfectly to the faith that I've experienced.  For I have seen dreams that move mountains, not literal mountains, but God-sized dreams that completely transform and empower people to do things that can only be explained by the power of God at work in their lives.  I've seen hope that refuses to quit, hope that won't end even when circumstances come crashing down all around.  I've seen lives fall apart until all that the person has to cling to is God, and thus they're grip becomes remarkably strong.  I've seen miracles just happen: circumstances that defy logic and science and human knowledge, children alive against all medical odds, personalities do a 180 with only the catalyst of the Holy Spirit, perseverance greater than human capacity.  I've witnessed the power of silent prayers offered in hope, of lives transformed by the request of one prostrate before God, miles away, physically or relationally or spiritually, a life changed, not through the pleading and persuading between humans but through pleading and persuading before God.  I've seen the restoration of hearts that have been tattered, people transformed in life's hardest circumstances by the hope of God.  That, my friends, is what faith can do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is pretty much my theme song, and not just because it has my name in it! What you wrote is so true. The amazing thing is that God does all these amazing things, but the sad thing is that we rarely sit and wonder over them! If we did, I think our faith would be much stronger.