Sunday, April 15, 2012

Faith pt. 3

The Christmas Family TreeWhen I was in elementary school, the children's choir at my church put on a play entitled "The Christmas Family Tree".  One of the songs in the musical was called "F-A-I-T-H", using the word as a acronym for its meaning.  Here's the chorus of the song:

"Faith! For all I trust Him.  Faith! For all I trust Him.  For all I need, the Father will provide.  Faith! For all I trust Him.   Faith! For all I trust Him.  That's the way my faith can be described."

Lately God's been reminding me of the truths of this simply song.  Faith means trusting God for ALL things, big or small.  Ironically, it's easier for me to trust God with the big things than the small.  Far too often I deem aspects of my life as being too insignificant for God's attention and thus assume I must fend for myself; leave the big stuff to God and take care of the little details on my own, right?

Thankfully, God is graciously breaking me of this mindset.  Gently He's assuring me that no detail is too small for His concern, tenderly He's encouraging me to bring every little concern to Him, trusting Him to care for them instead of relying on self-protection.  He's asking me to surrender and trust all, every last minor detail, to Him.

Matthew 10:29-31
Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?  Yet not one of them falls to the ground apart from the will of the Father.  Even the hairs on your head are numbered!  Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Faith: for ALL I trust HIM

No comments: