Sunday, July 8, 2012

HALF



Well, today was the day, a day that I've been been anticipating and training for for months now.  Today is the day that I ran my first half marathon!  As I've said numerous times before, I'm constantly amazed by all of the things that God has taught me through this silly hobby.  Today was no exception.  Running has not only been a great way to relax and let off steam but also a way for me to test my limits, to push myself further than I think I can go.  Today was no exception to this; as I hit mile 11, I started to feel the muscles in my leg tense and spasm, started to feel the exhaustion and heat of the morning.  Those who know me know I'm incredibly determined, sometimes stubbornly so.  Again, today was no exception.  As I struggled through the last few miles, I pray for strength and energy to accomplish what I'd set out to do, even if I had to crawl to do so.  The last mile or so wasn't pretty, but I finished!  By the grace and strength of God, I finished.

As challenging as they may be, half marathons are nothing compared to some of the challenges of this life.  And just as He got me through this run, I trust that He will get me through whatever He takes me to.  When life becomes impossible to do on my own, I lean on the One with whom nothing is impossible.

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.  He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him.   Exodus 15:2

Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always.  1 Chronicles 16:11

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear?  The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of  whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1

Seek the LORD and His strength; seek His presence continually!  Psalm 105:4

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:!0

The Sovereign LORD is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights (or distances in the case of this morning ;-)) Habakkuk 3:19

1 comment:

Brian said...

Great job! I think Hebrews 12:1 fits your running theme well:
Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.