Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Yes Lord



 Years ago I was in a musical depicting the Easter story.  Among other things from the production, one scene sticks out in my mind:
It’s the scene where Jesus bends to wash the disciples’ feet.  They respond with disbelief and amazement.  As Jesus approaches Peter, Peter jumps up and steps away, declaring, “No Lord!  I can’t have You wash my feet!”
I’ll never forget the line that followed: “Peter, do not say ‘No Lord’.  For if you say no, do not call me Lord.  And if I am your Lord, do not tell me no.”
Sunday at church I was reminded of this scene, reminded of the dangers of saying no to God and the importance and meaning of letting Him be Lord of my life.  Letting Him be Lord means surrendering EVERYTHING to Him, trusting Him with all that I have and who I am, of always responding to His call with an obedient “Yes Lord!”
Where You lead, LORD, I will follow.  Regardless of cost or fears or understanding, may You empower me to answer Your call with a resounding, “Yes Lord!”  May You truly be Lord of my life.

No comments: