Friday, August 27, 2010

Metaphorically speaking

Eish man! Out of no where it's hit. I thought I'd eaten my share of pie, when out of the blue pride attacks me from behind. Not the type of pride where my head's the size of a hot air balloon, but the type of pride that makes me the sun as the world revolves around me; all eyes on me waiting to judge if I'm cut out for this, waiting to see how I'll compare to those around me. And strangely, this pride makes me feel as big as an ant as insecurities steal away my Christ given confidence. Timidness takes over as the weight of the world's demands overtake me. But wait.

IT'S NOT ABOUT ME

It's not about me. This isn't about me. The world hasn't stopped to stare at the Sharon show; I wasn't put in this position to impress or show anyone up. God put me here to do HIS will. It's not about me; it's all about You. Yup, I'm gonna mess up (already have countless times during training), but Your grace and Your plan are bigger than my mistakes. Apart from you, I can do nothing (John 15:5), but with You, I can do infinitely beyond my highest desires, thoughts, dreams, or hopes (Eph 3:20). May You be glorified in all that I do.

Where You lead me, LORD, I will follow.

No comments: