Saturday, August 14, 2010

More pie please

I've been asked to speak in my mother's Sunday school class tomorrow (prayers appriciated) about my time in Zambia. As I thought through what this entailed, I struggled with what I would say. Zambia was a time of learning, a time of incredible growth. God did amazing things while I was over there. And in the the process, I learned a lot of hard lessons, lessons that speak the wonders of God but don't put me in a good light, lessons that involved my failure and doubts. Really? Did I really want to share all of this will a large group of people? Did I want to show them how foolish I was?

As I wrested with these questions, God added a question of His own: who is this about? I've given you yet another opportunity to testify about my power and goodness and character. I've allowed you to show others who I am. So ultimately, is this about you? Or is it about Me?

Yes, I would like another piece of humble pie please.

1 comment:

kd said...

soo good. Praise God and slice me up a piece too. ;]