Monday, August 30, 2010

Just Listen

Today was a rough one. A mixture of emotions and events left me feeling like the stuff that you find on the bottom of your shoe. My first response to dealing with this? Find a friend to vent my frustrations to. As I ran from one room to the next and dialed one number after the other, I heard God gentlely whisper, "Come to Me. Tell me your woes. Tell me the ways that you're doubting yourself. Come to Me. I am your Creator; I am the one who determines you're every step. Come to Me."
After failing to find anyone else, I gave in. Finding a place of solitude, I sat and shared my woes with my Papa. When I was through, I simply sat, waiting for His response. "Just listen", He whispered. "Listen to where My voice leads."

So I sat and waited. Waited for an entire minute. Then grew too impatient.

Funny how quickly I give up on the One source who can truly see me for all that He's created me to be. Funny how I ignore the voice of the Almighty, of the One who holds eternity in His hand. Funny how I seek advice from everyone but Him. Actually, it's not that funny. It's not funny at all. It's quite sad, really. And it explains why I put myself through so much distress and misery.

Where You lead me, LORD, I will follow. But first, I'll stop and listen to You're direction.

LORD, it isn't my doing that's put me in this position, that's given me the experiences that life has given me. It isn't because of me that I'm gifted in the ways that I am or that I know the things that I do. It's because of You, LORD. Because of Your mercy, favor, and grace. Because of Your goodness. Because of Your power. Because of You. Teach me to listen to Your voice, LORD. Don't let me be consumed by the things of this world, but renew my mind that I may know Your good, perfect, and pleasing will. May I seek Your glory, LORD, not my own. May You be glorified in all that I do.

No comments: