Sunday, September 5, 2010

We're losing the fight

So, over the past month or so I've been fighting what feels like a losing battle with pride. For reasons unknown to me, I've become self-consumed, obsessed with other's opions of me, obsessed with being better than those around me. Today I grew so tired of this that I fled to a secluded place where nothing would distract me from a much needed conversation with my Papa. After much prayer and questioning, I struggled to listen to His response. I wrestled through the reality that I was seeking man's approval rather than God's, that I wasn't content with His opinion of me but needed to find approval elsewhere as well. After straining past my own egotistical thoughts, I heard God whisper

"If i were all that you had, would it be enough?"

No comments: