Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Freedom

My prayer has been for God to lead and guide me for His name sake, that He would direct me in His plans.  And God has been faithful in answering this prayer, giving me direction and leadership.

Lately God has been revealing another piece of His guidance to me: God is not a tyrant or puppet master.  When we seek His will, He still gives us the freedom to choose if we will follow it.  Lately I've seen Him set up the perfect scenarios for me to do as He commands while still allowing me the freedom to choose my own way. He loves me enough to allow me to choose my own way; He leads out of love, not force.

An idea that I've heard before, but now see in a new light: how wonderful that the all powerful God and Creator of all things still gives us freedom and choice to follow Him!

Where You lead, LORD, I will follow

No comments: