Sunday, June 23, 2013

Human again




The servants turned household items in Beauty and the Beast sing of their desires to be human again.  Lumiere, Mrs. Pots, Cogsworth, and the others declare joy at the thought of being human again: of cooking again, falling in love, going on holiday, and simply taking pride in their human form.  They long because they remember; they know full well what their human state was long before the curse came upon their castle, know full well what they were created to be.

At times, I envy them.  No, I don't long to be a broom or clock or candlestick.  I envy their knowledge of what they were created to be.  You see, I too long to be human again, long to be the creature that God once created me to, long to be who I was before the curse came upon this castle that we call earth.  I long to know the fullness of that humanity; I want to know what it's like to have my will perfectly align with God's will, to walk with Him, to know no sickness, pain, or death.  I long for a world that perfectly glorifies its Maker. I long to be human again. And I rejoice because, like those in the Beast's castle, I know that the day where I get to experience humanity in its fullness is close at hand.  We thank God for that!  We praise Him for His perfect plan of redemption.  We thank Him for His promise to restore us that we may be human again.  

No comments: